CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Spikes


My cousin brother from my father's side of the family arrived in Penang on Thursday night and came directly to our house to deliver something. It was two whole crates of kings. The kings of fruits, that is. My guess three weeks ago was right: durian season was approaching. And now it's come.
The durians were of various sizes, from as small as the palm of my hand to as huge as my schoolbag! It was crazy. We carried them (and I can still feel the prickling on my arms) and dumped them on the porch table.
The next day, we started on cracking them open and filling plastic containers with the contents. I'm usually OK with the smell, but this time, I felt slightly dazed as we split them open one by one.
Now, the problem is, who's going to eat these? If we do, we'll probably be sick for about a month, so we sent them to other relatives and friends and such. But even then, we still have too much. Oh well, buy some medicine for fever and indigestion and pass me the fruit. Oh, and I need a new tube of toothpaste, or else everybody else around me will be screwing up their faces when they talk to me.

0 thought-bubbles: