CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Walking Dead

Recently, a friend introduced me to a flash browser game called the Dead Frontier. I think it's pretty good, considering it's only a browser game which can run on pretty low specs.


It's a game something close to the Resident Evil series: hacking, slashing, shooting, bombing, and who-knows-what-else-ing zombies. The screenshot above I uploaded from the website should give you a pretty good idea.

You go around killing zombies (can you actually kill something that's already dead?) and picking up stuff for your survival, like food, weapons, ammunition, healing items and cash. The money is spent on buying things from other players in the forum. It's currently still in beta, so there're no missions or quests or a specific goal to the game, which also means there's no apparent reason why the players keep playing it.

Despite the complete lack of motivation, people are still playing it and are getting better and better at it. Even I play it. Of course, this may be just because I'm bored and since all my other online games which require a game client are blocked by my stupid antivirus program. And I'm to lazy to do anything about it. Sue me.

Anyways, if anyone finds themselves with nothing to do but to stare at the ceiling for hours on end, they should try this, of course, unless they're easily scared, spooked, creeped and/or freaked. And don't pee in your pants.

P.S.: I'm a level 9 Boxer and is currently using a lame nail-bat, a puny FN Five-seveN handgun and a stupid fire poker. Huh. Tell me if you get a good chainsaw and don't need it.

0 thought-bubbles: