CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cute, Cuddly, Kung Fu-ey Awesomeness

Cat, Sheralyn and myself went to watch Kung Fu Panda on Saturday and I can tell you this: it was AWESOME!

That morning Cat and I went to school to, um, witness the position interviews and marching ranks testing for the members of the band who would take over after we've all graduated. And, of course, we're there to also try to mess with the hopefuls who're taking the rank tests. It's all about discipline.

We left at about 12 o'clock. I got home and had a bad migraine and passed out on my bed. I-don't-know-how-many hours later, I blinked and felt the phone vibrating against my face. It was Cat and Sheralyn, and they sounded pretty panicky. And so was I when I checked the dusty clock on my bed-side table: the movie's started.

I showered, changed (and apparently had no idea what I was putting on), and rushed out the house in under 10 minutes. It took me another 5 to 10 minutes to walk to the mall and when I got there, they told me they had bought tickets to the next show.

The first thing Cat did was to suck my wallet dry of the money that I limited myself to use per week. It was to pay for all three tickets and I gave it up since it was my fault we have to wait another 40 minutes for the movie.

The movie was great! For an animation, it was totally off the charts! The combat choreography, the story, the characters ... everything was beyond what anyone has ever seen in a computer-generated movie so far. The only problem was the audience. I'm not one to criticise, but a lot of the movie-goers seemed not to understand some parts of the story. They practically laughed during the whole movie, which was annoying when there were some really touching and/or dramatic parts.

Don't mind me, I wanted to become a movie critic but ended up criticising the audience, too.

Anyways, one awesome movie later and we had nothing else to do so we just wandered around for a while. About half an hour of walking around aimlessly and endless chatting, Cat went home and left me and Sheralyn to browse the shelves of Borders bookstore for about 10 more minutes before she said she was hungry.

Since I usually have my, um - can we call it dinner? - at about 2 o'clock in the morning on weekends, she went and bought herself something to take home. Her dinner comprised of a 1901 hotdog, some octopus balls from Tako Tao and a small tub of mocha-flavoured ice-cream from the supermarket. Wow, junk food for dinner. Interesting.

We went outside to wait for her mom to come pick her up and when she did, they insisted that they'd give me a ride home, since it was so near. I obliged and got in the back seat. It was fun to hear the pair of them talk. The way they're going, sounded very much to me as if they were sisters, not mother and daughter. It's probably normal for them but I'm unused to it, because me and my parents have a totally different relationship: live and let live. I don't bother you, so don't bother me.

We reached my place, said our goodbyes, and parted. I went straight up to my room and crashed, having finally felt my aching feet in the absence of someone to distract me from it. I just have about enough energy to take a shower, brush my teeth, ask my sister to download some stuff for me, send and recieve a few text messages and pull the covers over my head before I totally blacked out and wake up at about 3 o'clock in the morning.

It was one of my best days this year and did I mention that the movie was AWESOME? I must get it when it comes out in DVD.

0 thought-bubbles: