CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

最棒的回忆

One month of looking-forward-to.


Two weeks of planning.


Three days of discussions.


Twelve hours of excitement.


Ten minutes of last minute decisions.


One beloved friend.


One memory to last me to my grave.


:
:
:
:


The 6th of March was the pre-determined date to celebrate WenSee's birthday. Understandable, as it is her birthday that day. I had already thought of a birthday present but, unfortunately, it is very rarely found here in Penang. CY wanted to share in my idea so, what the heck, as long as I managed to get it to give it to her.


But then, disaster struck. HoayYing and XinMay suddenly told us they wanted to do it on the coming Saturday. Also understandable, as they're still in school and are preparing to sit their exams the following week. We panicked. All hell broke loose in my world. I love her, I wanted this to be perfect. But this seemed impossible as the days passed by and as Saturday looms closer and closer.


Then it came. The others suggested we just treat her to a meal or something. I agreed, but I never gave up. I was resolved to find that item for her even if Saturday has passed. But in the end, I didn't have to. Luck was on our side.


We continued on as planned. We went over on a ferry and met them at WenSee's place of residence, or, simply put, her home. We had lunch and proceeded to Pacific shopping mall to just hang around.


It was when we were heading for the cinema to catch a movie that me and CY saw it. The elusive item that I was hell-bent on giving her for a birthday present. Turns out it wasn't so hard to find in that particular shopping mall as the shop we visited had their walls literally lined with similar gift-items. We payed for it and left it there for it to be wrapped and went after the others to watch the movie: Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.


The movie was quite a disappointment as the fight scenes looked pretty lame. After the movie, we just stretched our legs and walked around for a while. We even played with the photo-booth thingies and I have to say, those things are very cramped and only 2 minutes in one of those caused perspiration that would otherwise happen only during outdoors when the sun is high.


We had one more stop before we headed back to the jetty for our ride home. It was the shop where we bought her present. WenSee even grumbled a little because we refused to enter that shop earlier so as not to ruin the surprise. It was perfect. Her less-than-happy mood, our last-minute luck and definitely the surprise awaiting her. Everything was simply perfect.


We loved her reaction when we revealed why we were being so secretive ever since we came out of the movie. She was speechless. Although it wasn't much, the look on her face was worth everything we've done up until now. For the first time for a very long time, I was actually sincerely happy that someone else is happy. It was truely the best feeling ever.






Playing around with the designs for the pictures we took in the booth.







And the result is ... total weirdness. What's with the baby? I have no hand in this.






"我跟你讲!"




Aww ... how cute! This was the surprise present. I suppose you were pretty curious as to what this hard-to-find item was, eh? Since I didn't mention what it was in all the text above.
Mami, I love you! Hope you liked our little gift! Uhh ... bad choice of words, since the thing was so frickin' HUGE. And I'm so touched at what you said in your blog that I couldn't help using the 5 words in your article that made me tear up as the title. I hope you don't mind ...
This is to all of you:
Mami, HoayYing, ChuanYong, XinMay and WenLoong.

0 thought-bubbles: