CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hike-Hike II

T'was the day after WenSee's early birthday celebration ... I invited KuangHaw and SiauWei (also known as Eoywn on the internet. I wonder how do you pronounce that) to an early morning hike. I told them to wake up at 5am. How I very much regretted that.

They really did wake up at 5am and came to pick me up at about 5.30am. The problem was, I've been up all night chatting on messenger, mainly with WenSee, and only went to sleep at about 4.30am. As you can imagine, I was pretty unprepared when they came and rang the house bell and called me on the phone. Luckily, these morning things don't need much preparation.

We got there at about 6am and it was freakishly dark, although the fresh pain in our knees and lungs helped distract us from that. And the torches I asked them to bring were pretty useful with lokking for footpaths.

We got to the ledges or small cliffs in front of checkpoint 3 pretty fast so it was still dark. We climbed a rock and sat there to watch the sun come up. As usual, there was a thick fog or mist or whatever (sorry, I don't really know or care about the difference) and the sunrise wasn't perfect, but it was pretty awesome anyways.

When it was bright enough we continued on out way up, towards checkpoint 5, the Moongate. And so meet we, the challenge of the damned stairs. I've been up this mountain many times before and I still hate those stairs.

We reached the top pretty fast. Those two are pretty good, considering they've never been up there. I think SiauWei mentioned that she did once, but it wasn't the same path and the same checkpoints. So we just sat there and talked. Chatting about stuff that's mostly nonsense and past happenings and school life and heck-knows-what. We were there for nearly two hours before we headed down.

We went to McDonald's for breakfast and headed home. Oh, and KuangHaw almost killed us all when he took a wrong turn at the round-about and went onto the road heading for the opposite direction.

Once back inside my preferably dimly-lit house, all I wanted to do was just crash onto my bed and doze, seeing as I didn't get much sleep the previous night. But no, it was not to be. Mom wanted me to go take a shower so I don't stink for when we go visit the education fair at PISA.

We met up with JT there and we registered for digital animation at The One Academy (TOA). The course costs like RM60k total. RM60,000! It felt too early for me because I was thinking of taking up something else. Maybe culinary arts at KDU. But it's too late now. *Sigh* At least we'll be getting a 20% scholarship.

So after that was settled, we took a short walk around the whole fair and just went home. Finally I get to go get some much needed rest.


The magnificent view of the sunlight slicing through the clouds. Or fog. Or mist. Or haze.



Bad picture, I know. But I was sleepy so I was in no mood to make a good expression and the bad quality is due to my hand shivering. Not of cold, but of sleep deprivation.
From left: KuangHaw, SiauWei and me.


We finally made it! Bloody sairs ...

0 thought-bubbles: