CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Art of Music by CLBWO, 8th May 2009

Went to a concert performed by the Chung Ling Butterworth Wind Orchestra on Friday night.

But before that, I went back to CLHS to borrow a euphonium and a couple of music stands for them. They were having their annual Sports Day.

Went to Dewan Sri Pinang to watch their rehearsals in the afternoon, because, well, you know, I missed them so much and whatnot. I bought their lunch, a KFC Variety Bucket. Ying's order, obviously.

Went to dinner at Gurney Hotel's Subway with CY and ShihTong - my first meal of the day - and got back to DSP just in time for the concert.

Prelude for Band wasn't bad, albeit being a little rusty, and I felt Dvořák's Slavonic Dance could've been better without the brass. The junior ensemble was pretty good, considering that they're only juniors.

I could really feel the piece by the woodwinds ensemble and Mambo no. 5 had a really nice Japanese touch to it. Malagueña could've been better and Star Wars: The Phantom Menace had a rocky start but was awesome overall. Poet and Peasant was just perfect, topped off with the soundtrack from Lilo and Stitch as a encore piece.

We said goodbye and me and WenLoong went to a McDonald's just to have a nice chat and to catch up with each other. And I found out WenLoong's got himself a girlfriend! It's Little Miss Sunshiny-Lemon! Awww ... I think they're cute together!



The concert programme booklet. Nice and simple design.



The KaoYao gang reunites! ... Well, minus CY.

*Gasp* Oooooohh ... it's a ... thing-a-ma-bob!


I'm so gonna miss them ... :')



0 thought-bubbles: