CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bake-Fest

Saturday morning started out slow, dizzy and sleepy. Mei messaged me and said she's coming to pick me up for breakfast. I took a quick shower and nearly fell down the stairs. I got into her car and off we go!

We drove around for a while, not knowing where to eat. This is saying something, considering it's Penang, the so-called food paradise. We ended up having breakfast at Sunshine Square's McDonald's. How very anti-climatic.

After that, she dropped me back home and she went for some training for her job at the coming PC Fair. I crashed on my bed and slept the day away.

Later in the afternoon, mei and a friend, Yen, came to pick me up again to go to QB to look for the required ingredients. But first, we went to the food court to have lunch. Or was it dinner? Oh, well. Oh, and only one of us ate, the other two just watched. After the meal, we went off to Jusco to purchase said ingredients, which turn out to be a complete waste of time. It was kinda my fault. Sorry, girls. XD

We went back to my place and bought some stuff from the mini-market behind my house, much to the girls' frustration (again, I'm sorry!), before starting on the cookies. My mom supervised them and gave lessons on the first batch. The result tasted pretty good. Except that they didn't look anything like fortune cookies. On to the second batch!

The girls worked on number 2 on their own, without my mom's help. Again, the result tasted not bad, but they were stuck to the wax paper and they didn't have time to fold them before they hardened. It was all downhill from then.

We surmised that the problem was getting the cookies off the wax paper. They tried greasing the paper, which gave similar results to when they didn't. They tried greasing the pan without the paper, which became a total disaster as the batter stuck to the pan. They had to soak it in water and scrape the stuff off with forks and buttering knives. Ugh.

We gave up and my mom suggested cupcakes. Well, it's up to them. Cupcakes should be easier. I think. We cleared up and went out for dinner at Sungai Dua. Hidden Recipe was pretty good. After that we went to Tesco Extra to walk off our meal. We just strolled around, had a few laughs and went home.

Phew! What a day ...



At QueensBay Mall. Mei mei in red, Yen in white sleeveless.




Buying waffles. Mmmm ... smells nice!

A lesson of baking from my mom.


Time to try it out themselves!



Aww ... how cute! Oh, I was referring to the plushie, but the girls are cute too.




They're trying to make them as perfectly circular as possible. Okaaaaay ...




Half-baked cookie batter stuck to the baking pan. My mom's poor poor baking pan ...



Mushroom soup and buns. A part of the set meals at Hidden Recipe.



My main course. BBQ sauce fish fillet! Yummmm ...



Mei takes a picture of her every meal. No idea why.

0 thought-bubbles: